Saturday, February 21, 2015

Birthday Parties - making sure everyone is happy

One of the hardest things for me is making sure my boys don't feel left out at birthday parties.  I don't ever expect anyone to have special foods for them.  I make sure to pack snacks and a treat of their choice (rice Krispy treat, cake, cupcake).  It may not be exactly what the other kids are eating but they too can indulge in a dessert and have plenty of snacks to choose from.

As D is getting older, he is understanding more and more aware of his allergy.  This is good because he asks me if its dairy or if he can have it.  It also breaks my heart a little because I don't want him to feel different or "broken" in anyway.  I love how his teachers this year have made accommodations on their own by changing recipes to be dairy free!  His little face lit up when he learned he was able to have the same exact treats as his friend!  He could eat the cookies his friends were eating ❤️  Something so simple made his day.

I am thankful for pinterest and everyone that has pinned recipes :). You have made my life so much easier!!  I've also learned to always travel with snacks.  You never know when you will be some where thata not allergy friendly and need a quick snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment