Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Babysitters

Kids with food allergies and babysitters are a tricky thing.  There's the sitters who take the time to listen and pay attention to what the kids are eating.  Then there's some that think they know.  I usually prep all the meals so that all they need to do is heat it up.  Easy, simple, fool proof.  I will place their snacks in a bowl and have them ready. 

Last night, I left hot dogs and brown rice in the fridge ready for them to cook and place on a plate.  Well they decided to feed the kids Zatarans Jumbalaya that was in there for my husbands lunch.  This is why I have trouble leaving my kids and trusting that they will be ok.  That they will be fed food that won't hurt them or cause them pain.  I wish I could go back and just take the 5 minutes plate the food like I normally do.  Today my boys have barely eaten,  has stomach pains, and been grumpy.  They are the ones that suffer and have to deal with the mistake.  Lesson learned.  


No comments:

Post a Comment